Advitan kH Booster
$9.99 – $17.99
What is Advitan kH Booster?
Advitan kH Booster is a conditioner for the increase of carbonate hardness and chelated potassium in fresh and saltwater aquariums.
Why use Advitan kH Booster?
Carbonate hardness is one of the important factors for stabilising
Low kH values cause unstable water conditions, such as pH values.
Livestock in aquariums water without carbonate hardness is
dangerous. This is due to the lack of acid binding capacity. Without
carbonate hardness, waste and excrements from ﬁsh and other
livestock in the water will cause pH value to drop drastically .
Certain species, such as Tanganyikan cichlids, marine ﬁshes_invertebrates, including aquatic plants, etc., require higher kH values to thrive.
Chelated potassium contained in Advitan kH Booster is an essential mineral, for all aquarium inhabitants. However, excessively high potassium concentrations of potassium values in aquarium water can endanger sensitive species such as shrimps.
Compared to calcium, potassium is commonly lacking in municipal tap water, and none from reverse osmosis water. It is one of the macroelements which is absorbed quickly and eﬀectively by plants in freshwater.
How to administer Advitan kH Booster?
Advitan kH Booster provides the followings:
- 1-ml per 3.785 liter / 1 gallon increases 1.2 mg/l Potassium
- 1-ml per 3.785 liter / 1 gallon increases 7 mg/l Carbonate Hardness
1 capful (5-ml) of each 19 liter (5 gal.) water provides 7 mg/l dkH (ppm).
Always check the potassium and carbonate hardness prior to administering. Ideal values:
- Community aquariums: 4 ~ 5 mg/l dkH
- Planted aquariums: 5 ~ 8 mg/l dkH
- Fishes from soft acidic regions: 2 ~ 3 mg/l dkH
- Lake Tanganyikan cichlids: 16+ mg/l dkH
- Lake Malawi cichlids: 6 ~ 8 mg/l dkH
- Saltwater aquariums: 9+ mg/l dhH