Advitan E lytes
$9.99 – $149.99
What is Advitan E-lytes?
Advitan E-lytes contains electrolytes – Calcium, Magnesium, Chloride, Sodium, and Potassium.
Why use Advitan E-lytes?
Electrolytes play an important role for all ﬁshes; they regulate the osmotic pressure in cells (control the balance of ﬂuids in the body) and help maintain the function of muscle and nerve cells.
Insuﬃcient electrolytes impairs body functions – muscle weakness and contractions, twitching, erratic movements, incurved body, etc.
Water from reverse osmosis ﬁlters do not contain electrolytes. Most municipal tap water has insignificant levels of electrolytes.
Advitan E-lytes adjusts and/or amends the necessary electrolytes as required for respective species.
How to administer Advitan E-lytes?
Diﬀerent species have their unique electrolytes requirement.
The following species thrive better in higher electrolytes levels (5-ml per 151 liters/40 gallons of aquarium water.)
- Live bearers: guppies, mollies, platies, swordtails.
- Coldwater ﬁshes: goldﬁsh, koi.
- Tanganyikan cichlids
- Brackish water ﬁshes: half beaks, gobies, monos, puﬀers, scats.
- All marine ﬁshes and invertebrates.
The followings species require moderately low electrolytes level (5-ml per 302 liters/80 gallons of aquarium water):
- Egg layers: algae eaters, angelﬁsh, barbs, bettas, catfish, cichlasoma, danios, discus, dwarf cichlids, gouramis, killiﬁshes, loaches, oscars, panchax, plecostomus, rainbow ﬁshes, sharks, rasboras, tetras.
Notes: Double the dosage while ﬁshes are in quarantine is recommended. Use Advitan Cal-Mag Plus for shrimps and other crustaceans.